Harness Positive Thinking to Heal +Unlock the Benefits of an Optometrist's Eyelid Care Regimen
Healthy eyes start with a healthy mindset and developing a routine around your eyelids! In this video, we'll discuss the importance of taking care of your eyelids and maintaining a positive attitude towards dry eye. We'll provide tips on how to develop an effective eye care routine and explain the benefits of keeping your eyes healthy.
Tune in to learn more about your health and how to keep your mind and eyes healthy!
- I wash my face with the Heyedrate Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash and dry.
- I cleanse my eyelids with a hypochlorous acid based eyelid cleanser, like Heyedrate Lid and Lash Cleanser. I spray it onto an organic cotton ball, rub it into my eyelids, face, and eyelash area, and then let it dry. I don’t wash it off.
I use this both morning and evening.
- I complete my morning routine with the Heyedrate Eye Cream and Face Moisturizer all over my face, neck and eyelids. I'll then follow up with an SPF if I know I'll be outside for some of my day!
As you can see, I keep my mornings pretty simple.
- Wet your closed eyelids with a splash of water (this helps to loosen any makeup you're wearing, and it makes removing everything even easier - even waterproof mascara!)
- Use an eyelid wipe like MediViz Tea Tree Eyelid Wipes to remove eye makeup and start to clean my eyelids.
- Wet your entire face and wash your face with Heyedrate Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash. Just pump 2-4 pumps into your hand. Then, massage it into your face. You can use this soap over closed eyelids, although you want to make sure to rinse very well afterward, as tea tree essential oil can burn the eyes.
Then, pat your face dry.
- Cleanse the eyelids with a hypochlorous acid based eyelid cleanser. I use the Heyedrate Lid and Lash Cleanser. I simply spray it onto a cotton ball or round, rub it into my eyelash margin, and let it dry.
- I then debride the eyelids with a device like NuLids, which helps to break up biofilm. This biofilm is very hard to destroy with regular eyelid hygiene, and nightly NuLids exfoliation helps to break through it.
- I then moisturize my eyelids and face with the Heyedrate Eye Cream and Face Moisturizer.
That’s pretty much it for my eyelid and facial cleansing routine. If you want to use a warm compress eye mask in the evening, you can use one after you wash your face (or after using your NuLids device).
Simple warm compress instructions:
- Just microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Place the warm compress over closed eyes for 15-20 minutes.
Challenge of the Week
Making a Habit Out of Your Eye Care Routine
Develop a mindset of willingness to change. Develop the patience and the belief that you can hit your health goals!
Supplement of the Week (affiliate link)
This is week 2 of our Rethinking Dry Eye Challenge. If you haven't signed up yet, enter your email below.
THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
This video/content is not intended to provide personalized medical advice or to take the place of any guidance or treatment you may receive from your own physician or other health care professional. It is for general informational and educational purposes only.
All readers/viewers are advised to consult their own doctor or other qualified health professional regarding any personal health issues or specific health questions they may have. This video/content does not establish a doctor-patient relationship between the viewer/reader and either Dr. Travis or Jenna Zigler, and neither of the Drs. Zigler, nor the publisher of this video/content, take responsibility for any possible health consequences to any person who may follow the information provided in this educational video/content.
All viewers/readers of this video/content, especially those undergoing treatment from a medical professional for a known health condition, or who are taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their health care provider(s) before altering any current medication, nutrition, supplement, or lifestyle program, or initiating any new program.
The Eye Believe Foundation is an affiliate for some or all of the products on this page. When you click the link and purchase on Amazon, you help support our ministry in helping end preventable blindness.
It is the mission, duty and purpose of the Eye Believe Foundation to address, educate, coordinate, and provide aid and relief to those who have no access to proper eye care on a local and global level.
We believe that everyone deserves great vision. But over ONE BILLION people are functionally blind due to lack of glasses.
As optometrists, we see it as our duty to be available, when we are capable, to provide one of the most important yet basic human rights to ordinary people by giving them the vision they thought they had lost. This enables them to not only see the faces of their loved ones again, but also provide for themselves and their families through careers they may have lost to poor vision.